[Sca-cooks] shopping for wild boar

Sam Wallace guillaumedep at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 12:28:58 PST 2010

Henry,

In the US, most states allow processing plants to sell unclaimed game
for cost. None that I am aware of are allowed to do so for more than
they charge hunters for processing the meat. Such businesses are
regulated and registered. You should be able to find a list on your
state's game and fish department or equivalent. Be aware that deer
processing and pork processing may be licensed seperately. This may be
the case for other species, but these are the two with which I am most
familiar. As the typical case is the hunter killed the animal and
turned it over to the processor to butcher to spec, you get what you
get as far as the cuts and preparation available.

Yours,

Guillaume