[Sca-cooks] al-Barran Midwinter recap and pix

Patricia Dunham chimene at ravensgard.org
Wed Dec 22 13:45:57 PST 2010

Congratulations, and gloriosky, I WAS able to see the pics (without having a Facebook account)

Certainly reminded of interesting times of my/our own -- the kingdom 12th night when we arrived at the main hall kitchen to find one of the two stoves no longer working and the refrigerator filled with parish detritus!  We were able to bully our way into the rectory kitchen to replace the dead stove, and things turned out OK, but much too exciting!  We had a second kitchen going under a spectacular fellow (Albrecht di Firenze, huzzah!) about 5 miles away, and even that transport worked out.

If you ever get the menu and recipes, or even source references, on-line, do please let us/list know; it sounds marvelous!  And even parts my boys might be able to eat (food sensitivities).

Thanks!
chimene