[Sca-cooks] Panna cotta

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 24 23:43:28 PST 2010

Katharina said:
<<< The only period thing in our Chrismas Dinn will be Pommegranate sauce for
the Panna cotta (I have thought to find out if panna cotta is period or at
least what the the period way to do it is).>>>

What is your recipe for Panna cotta? I found several different recipes on the web. The common theme seems to be using gelatin instead of eggs as a binder. Maybe good for someone allergic to eggs who can still have cream?

The recipe seems pretty easy. We do have period custard recipes. I don't know if most of them use eggs or not. You couldn't buy the nice packets of powdered gelatin, but since there were aspics maybe it was possible.

Thanks. When the stores open back up and I can get some gelatin, I'm going to have try this.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com