[Sca-cooks] Christmas loot

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Sat Dec 25 13:46:47 PST 2010

Sounds like you did well this year. No particularly noteworthy culinary gifts this year for me, except a few exotic sweets (Lubeck marzipan and New York caramels) and a knife. It's from my mother-in-law and works surprisingly well for something that is coated in antibacterial plastic and hot pink. We've unofficially named it the "Hello Kitty Knife".

On the 24th, we had frankfurters and potato salad. On the 25th, we have a traditional big dinner with friends, always using historical recipes. This time it was a mushroom and onion soup, chickens with an apple-egg stuffing, stewed beef, bread dumplings, zotten mus (egg dough boiled in salted milk), red cabbage, honey mustard and cherry sauce, and a dessert of plum tart, holhippen, fruit, nuts, and May dish. That turned out very nice.

Happy Chrismannukwansolstivus everyone

Giano