[Sca-cooks] Culinary Symposium

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 31 12:11:27 PST 2010

Unsigned wrote:
>  Is anyone else planning on going to the Culinary Symposium at Wyewood in An Tir?
If this is the one in April, i will be teaching there by request.

I plan to teach 2 or 3 classes on various aspects of Middle Eastern
cooking, probably one on the Persian stuff i have been working on
(mixed cooking and lecture), maybe more Ottoman (so many delicious
recipes!), maybe one dedicated to Ottoman desserts...

Last time i was there (2008) i taught 2 classes on 15th/16th c.
Ottoman, one history, one hands on cooking. Among dishes, we cooked
lamb with quinces and the scent of saffron, rose water, butter
roasted almonds, and quince was amazing! I took the train up and saw
a bald eagle flying over a misty Oregonian lake surrounded by tall
conifers during breakfast.
--
Urtatim [that's err-tah-TEEM]
the persona formerly known as Anahita