[Sca-cooks] Dishes named for people

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 7 08:09:59 PST 2010

On Dec 7, 2010, at 9:51 AM, Johnna Holloway wrote:

> There's always the Earl of Sandwich of course
> Or Earl Grey Tea for that matter.
> Lots of drinks named for people.

I really, really enjoyed the bit in Blackadder The Third about the Earl of Sandwich coming over to gamble with the Prince, placing his meat between slices of bread so he could eat and gamble at the same time, thereby inventing the dish that bears his name, the gerald...

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter