[Sca-cooks] Was Medieval England more Merrie than thought?

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Tue Dec 7 08:30:38 PST 2010

And if they say "late medieval period" they are starting more than two hundred
years too late.  See various descriptions of the earlier industrial revolution,
especially Jean Gimpel's _The Medieval Machine_.

Here's the first Google hit:
http://dannyreviews.com/h/The_Medieval_Machine.html

Or the first volume of Fernand Braudel's _Civilization and Capitalism_, titled
_The Structures of Everyday Life_.

Again, the first Google hit: http://www.poppyware.com/dunham/facts/braudel.html

Thorvald