[Sca-cooks] French Feast...an new twist.

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 09:00:59 PST 2010

Last year's Christmas feast had too many people and too many
eating piccadillos. This year I decided it would be a much smaller
group and one without any major food problems.

Then I found out that one of the guests can have very little meat product
and no dairy.
Um...no dairy? In French food?
She insists that she will take care of herself and the vegetable dishes will
be fine but I, as host and cook, can't allow that.

The current meal is:

Pate' terrine
Cheese wafers
Crudittes
French Onion Soup
Frisee salad with Dijon vinegarette
Duck Breast confit sautee'd with Five Spice Powder
Scallops gratinee
Sautee'd green beans with walnuts
Roasted plum tomatoes with onions
Apple Tart with Creme Anglais
Birthday cake

For her I'll make a Garlic soup with a bit of chicken stock and
olive oil croutons and a baked Acorn squash with Morroccan
couscous stuffing.

I think it should work out okay.

Gunthar