[Sca-cooks] Regards Nutmeg History

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 21 01:15:32 PST 2010

I'm coming in late to this thread and this may have already been answered, but in case not, the review of which Johnnae speaks is in the FOOD-BOOKS section of the Florilegium as:
Nathnls-Nutmeg-rev (4K) 11/ 1/09 A Review of "Nathaniel's Nutmeg" by Johnnae llyn Lewis, CE.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/Nathnls-Nutmeg-rev.html

The review is short and I've never read the book, although I may own it now. So I don't know if either touch on nutmeg as a hullucegenic(sp?) drug.

I think we have touched on this a few times in past discussions.
nutmeg-mace-msg (20K) 10/11/09 Info on the spices nutmeg and mace.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/nutmeg-mace-msg.html

Stefan

=========
This was posted to the list a while back.  Perhaps it will help answer the
question?

Daniel