[Sca-cooks] period food suggestions for pot lucks

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Dec 24 04:58:31 PST 2010

But the trick here is also seasonal. What one brings to a winter potluck is not the same as what one brings to a summer potluck.

And it varies by site. So in the winter at an indoor site with electricity, one brings the slow cookers. In the summer, it's
grilled foods suitable to be grilled over a fire with everything else kept mainly on ice.

We used to list books with recipes that were suitable. Today you could just list websites like the online Miscellania's site or medievalcookery.com's adapted recipes.

Johnnae