[Sca-cooks] More loot

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 26 22:30:41 PST 2010

aeduin mentioned:
<<< My Daughter, Son-in-Law and Grandson came over for dinner and I got
more loot. A selection of cheeses, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and
other goodies from Trader Joes.

We are feeding them standing rib roast with Yorkshire pudding, fresh
scalloped potatoes, cippolini agridolce, glazed carrots with ginger
bread cake and bread pudding for desert. >>>

I'm not sure who got the better side of that deal. Both the gifts and the meal sound wonderful!

We also had standing rib roast and Yorkshire pudding. Probably the first I've had of either. At my sister-in-law's house. She was putting on a "Victorian Christmas". She had tried this once before, about 20 years ago. Unfortunately, she went into labor with her, now middle daughter, that Christmas morning and couldn't stay around to see the dinner through. So she wanted to do this again before she and her husband sell almost everything and along with their youngest daughter, now 9, go to live in and tour Europe in a rented camper for at least a year.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com