[Sca-cooks] Olwen was FW: M x u

THLord Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at AUSTIN.RR.COM
Thu Dec 30 01:09:55 PST 2010

Johnnae clarified:

<<< Mistress Olwen is living in Denmark with her daughter. You can googl Stefan's archives to see her instructions on how to make marzipan items.

Her hotmail account was hijacked months ago. We hear from her very infrequently on another list. >>>

Blast! I read an article last week on a new asthma treatment that I wanted to scan and send to her. I don't know if she would be a good candidate for it or not, but I wanted her to know about.  I only have her hotmail address. :-(  If someone does know her current email address I'd like to get it.

I've been having email problems this last couple of days so I think I missed the original question.

For info on making and working marzipan, see this file. And yes, much of the material in this file is from Olwen.

marzipan-msg (111K) 7/25/10 Use of marzipan (almond paste) in sotelties in both period and the SCA. Working with marzipan.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/marzipan-msg.html

About-Marzipn-art (16K) 1/19/06 "About Marzipan" by Dame Alys Katharine.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/About-Marzipn-art.html

Stefan

--------
Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com