[Sca-cooks] Ken Albala's Eating Right in the Renaissance

silverr0se at aol.com silverr0se at aol.com
Tue Feb 16 14:30:28 PST 2010

I own almost all his books and I just love them (and not just because I got him to autograph them all.) Try "Beans."

ERITR does not tell you to do this and not do that - it merely discusses what was then the current medical opinion of how to stay healthy. As to how many followed this program, who knows?

And I suspect it was more "I don't care of it's not good for me - I'm eating it anyway!" rather than "There's no way I'm eating that!" Cooks were supposed to keep their employers happy. And I also suspect that those below the salt were pretty happy with anything they got.

My opinion - your mileage may vary.

Renata