[Sca-cooks] Thanks for Ruggles

kingstaste at comcast.net kingstaste at comcast.net
Tue Feb 23 19:44:44 PST 2010

Dearest Adamantius,

   A few years ago when we were compiling the Food Movies list, you insisted on including a little-known gem called "Ruggles of Red Gap".  I had never heard of it or seen it until this evening.  I was channel flipping through the guide when I saw that it was currently playing on AMC.  Unfortunately, I only caught the second half, but what a delightful film it is!  Charles Laughton plays a gentleman's gentleman in the old west, who eventually decides to stand on his own two feet and open a restaurant instead of continue in his family's tradition of being in service.  It is a wonderful food movie as well, although I think I missed most of the best food parts earlier in the movie.  I will be watching the guide to see if I can't catch the whole thing soon!

Thank you for suggesting it, and for anyone that happens to catch it while it is playing, I'll add my recommendations to Adamantius'.   Go see it!

Christianna