[Sca-cooks] pomegranate seeds

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 04:15:34 PST 2010

I have a bag of them in my freezer that I got from the fruit last December
when they were available.  I will be using them to garnish various things
for my feast this coming Saturday (doing A Day in the Middle East again),
especially the Gulac, a precursor to modern baklava.  I'm doing the Turkish
version this time, which calls for a kind of paste made of walnuts, sugar,
mastic and rose water between crepes/pancakes made of rice flour, then
garnished with pomegranate and coarsely ground pistachios.

Kiri

--
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."