[Sca-cooks] Is it appropriate to.....

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 5 08:34:53 PST 2010

Stephanie Yokom wrote:
> Marinate lamb in ale?  Unfortunately, I do not consume either and I am
> playing with "tweeking" recipe. I just am thinking about the taste
> combination.
>
> Thank you-
>
> Carres
I have little to add to previous respondents.  I, too, make "Irish Stew"
with Guinness and Lamb.

My best lamb recipe involves nasty cheap red wine as marinade and
basting.  Must be cheap.  Must be nasty.  The tannins that make it bad
for drinking make it good for tenderizing.   Hungarian Egri Bikavér  is
a favorite.  The rest of the recipe:  poke holes in the raw leg and put
in sticks of candied ginger and halved garlic cloves.  Marinate and
baste with aforementioned, roast until done.

Cheers,
Selene