[Sca-cooks] Experimentation results for Amidono d' amido

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Tue Feb 16 09:58:23 PST 2010

I usually don't pile on with me too but I think this is a much more
acceptable possibility than the rice starch. Seems like it means half a
quarter ounce which would be an eighth.
Eduardo

<raphaellad at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> Here's the translation I've been working from to start things off:
>
> I. (1) Amidono of starch {Almond milk pudding}
> If you want to make starch
> dish for 12 people, take two pounds of
> almonds and one pound of
> amido/starch. And half of sugar and take 1Ž2 of
> peeled pine nuts and half a
> quarter (1/8th) of cloves

Have you considered the possibility that the recipe
> means 1/8th of an
*ounce* of cloves?  This wouldn't be the first recipe I've
> seen where
a change of measurement unit is not specified.

Brighid ni
> Chiarain
Sca-cooks mailing
Sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org