[Sca-cooks] A question about meat-

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Feb 16 11:14:43 PST 2010

As I mentioned just a minute ago, I'm rummaging around in Carolingian
France, and I saw something interesting that sort of piqued my
curiosity. Apparently, Charlemagne's doctors were after him to eat only
boiled meats, but he loved roasted meat so that's what he ate, dammit!
So I'm wondering, does boiling vs roasting change the fat and/or
cholesterol etc ratios? Were his doctors actually on to something? I
haven't been able to find any sort of answer here. (And I'd bet Bear
knows where to find out...)

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore