[Sca-cooks] Verjuice was Re: Next project, next recipe II.Ambroyno- price questions

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sun Feb 21 06:33:05 PST 2010

>>In modern times, lemons have become more readily available and cheaper
>>than
>>extrracting verjuice.
>
> I'm sure it is demand and economies of scale, I don't see any reason for
> verjuice to cost more to produce than grape juice.
>
> Ranvaig

You are going to sell a lot more sweet grape juice for drinking, than sour
grape juice for cooking.  If demand were equal on a use to use basis, an 8
to 12 ounce serving of grape juice would commercially scale better and cost
less than a couple tablespoons of verjuice.  Even bottled lemon would
probably cost less than verjuice, because it has a wider range of uses
including lemonade.

Bear