[Sca-cooks] Kid Friendly

H Westerlund-Davis yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 4 13:46:27 PST 2010

Dessert recipes would be appreciated, too.

I just did a feast for a Viking Yule. We had several kiddos, including  mine. A huge favorite was the rice pudding and cookies. The whip cream wasn't totally period but the berry sauces (lingonberry and cloudberry jam) mixed with the rice pudding is period. I have the recipes if you are interested.

I think I saw a reference that Swedish Meatballs are from the 17th century; but I did have it as an option for the kids and the less adventurous guest. It was also a hit with the kids. I searved it with mushroom gravy and either mash potatoes ( I know not period) and mashed swede.
Aelina

Duct Tape is like the Force: It has a light side & a dark side
and it holds the universe together.