[Sca-cooks] Is it appropriate to.....

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 6 09:26:11 PST 2010

I make a killer Irish Lamb stew using Guiness, onions, carrots,

potatoes, herbs and a bit of chicken stock. And lamb, of course.

I don't think a sweeter ale would hurt the lamb considering that

it is often sauced with a sweet mint jelly or such.

An Iranian gentleman I talked to one time told me his family recipe

for lamb was to take a full leg, stick it full of holes and fill the holes

with mint and a sliver of garlic, then salt and pepper the surface and

then coat it with honey. Roast until medium rare.

Wonderful.

Gunthar