[Sca-cooks] Another not-Mughal Indian recipe

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 05:20:21 PST 2010

Oh, I'm sure that there are Indian groceries up in the DC area...I'm
actually upwards of an hour southeast of DC. I don't get into DC that often
anymore these days!

Let me know when you are here....will you have a car?  Perhaps we can get
together for dinner or something.  I'll be in full recovery mode after
cooking my feast on Feb 271

Kiri

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 6:27 PM, David Walddon <david at vastrepast.com> wrote:

> Kiri,
> There has to be something nearby.
> Call the Indian Embassy and ask where they eat or shop.
> FYI - I will be in DC the first week of March.
> David
>

> On 2/6/10 3:09 PM, "Elaine Koogler" <kiridono at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I live in an area where there are absolutely no Indian markets at
> all...we
> > don't even have an Indian restaurant!  I've looked all over the
> web...just
> > tried again..but still cannot find either edible camphor or edible musk.
> > found lots of references to the camphor...even several recipes that call
> for
> > it, but no one online that sells it!
> >
> > Sigh.
> >
> > Kiri
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Robin Carroll-Mann
> > <rcarrollmann at gmail.com>wrote:

> you
> >>
> >> Since there's no lack of those in my neighborhood, I'll have to take a
> >> look.  According to my copy of "The Indian Grocery Store Demystified",
> >> edible camphor is called karcha karpoor, and comes in small jars or
> >> boxes.  The author recommends the Swad brand.
> >>
> >> Brighid ni Chiarain

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince