[Sca-cooks] When is it Plagiarism and When is it a Redaction?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 9 10:52:21 PST 2010

Doc wrote:
>In general, I too prefer "interpretation", but in the specific case Her
>Excellency described it sounded more to me that the recipe was a version
>of another cook's interpretation of a medieval recipe, and for that
>"variation" (or even "version") seems a better fit.

Ah! yes, in Dame Alys's case, i agree with you. The recipe presented
was not a redaction, in the SCA-Cook's sense, and to me was not an
interpretation either. It appeared to me to be a slight alteration of
someone else's published recipe.
--
Urtatim [that's err-tah-TEEM]
the persona formerly known as Anahita