[Sca-cooks] Infrared Cooking Thermometers

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 20:15:14 PST 2010

We have one.  I don't think it would be good for candy making because it
only takes the surface temperature and you wouldn't get a true reading.
We like it to check the temperature of a pan if we're trying to get it hot
before searing meat and to check the temperature of the pizza stone and
things like that.

A Thermapen might be better (we have one of those as well) because it takes
the temperature very quickly.

Shoshanna

But if you're still interested - ours is a Kintrex Infrared Thermometer
(IRT0421) - we got it though Amazon.