[Sca-cooks] Ken Albala's Eating Right in the Renaissance

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Feb 16 13:12:25 PST 2010

I've owned a copy since Spring 2002 and have been recommending this
volume and his other
books all along.
Check the Florilegium and I am sure that you'll come across my comments
urging people to buy and read this title.

Also his volume The Banquet is very good.
(And I think that not because he thanks me personally in the
acknowledgements.)
------
Did it change my mind? Not really. If you look into the publishing
accounts, you can
determine pretty quickly that if everyone was living a healthy
lifestyle (be it the 16th or
18th or 19th or 20th or 21st centuries) you wouldn't need all the new
books or reprints of books
on the subject.

Johnnae, playing librarian