[Sca-cooks] 12th Century

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Tue Feb 16 20:50:00 PST 2010

> (For an example- I'm currently doing a lot of research on the
> Carolinginan Franks. And came across this:
> http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/800Asnapium.html - it even tells you
> what pots are in the kitchen! Very useful stuff!)
>
> 'Lainie

There is also a copy of this out in the Florilegium.  I copied the text of
the inventory of Asnapium and the Capitulare de Villis when I first
encountered them about ten years ago in a sourcebook published in 1902.  The
Latin text of Capitulare de Villis can also be found on the web and it is
quite useful when arguing about 9th Century foodstuffs available in
Carolinginan France.

Bear