[Sca-cooks] 12th Century

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Feb 16 21:28:41 PST 2010

Stefan li Rous wrote:
>> (For an example- I'm currently doing a lot of research on the
>> Carolinginan Franks. And came across this:
>> http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/800Asnapium.html - it even
>> tells you
>> what pots are in the kitchen! Very useful stuff!)
>>
>> 'Lainie
>
> There is also a copy of this out in the Florilegium.  I copied the
> text of
> the inventory of Asnapium and the Capitulare de Villis when I first
> encountered them about ten years ago in a sourcebook published in
> 1902.  The
> Latin text of Capitulare de Villis can also be found on the web and it is
> quite useful when arguing about 9th Century foodstuffs available in
> Carolinginan France.
>
> Bear
> =======
>
> This file may be the one that Bear is speaking of. In the INFO-SOURCES
> section:
> Inven-Charle-man  (12K)  7/30/98    Inventory of Charlemange’s estates.
>
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/INFO-SOURCES/Inven-Charle-man.html
>
> Stefan

That's the inventory of Asnapium. As to the Capitulare de Villis, I'm
only finding pieces and/or references in the Florilegium. Yes, I've
found it in Latin online also. However, my Latin skills are... I would
like to have this read sometime this century... :-P I am currently
working my way through some stuff in French- I might be able to find
more there.

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore