[Sca-cooks] Next project, next recipe II.Ambroyno

Raphaella DiContini raphaellad at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 19 14:20:13 PST 2010

> Raphaella DiContini wrote:
> > I agree, I usually try to plan around 8 oz. of meat
> per person figuring in all of the types of meat we'll be
> serving. They certainly wouldn't get 8 oz. of each, or
> they'd pop! I used 3 breast for three people last night
> because that was the bulk of the dinner.

> That makes perfect sense to me-- I tend to do similar, or
> perhaps a bit more if the budget is good and the butcher or
> the fishmonger has something nice.
> -- Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

I also tend to take into account what dishes seem to go over more. Part of it's just knowing your audience too. Many places you'll go through twice as much beef as fish, if not more, but others they may hoover the fish and barely touch the beef, and wig out at the thought of pork. I might balance the projections then to more of the items that I think will be considered more "safe", but I've also occationally been surprised by what people will go nuts over. :)

In joyous service,
Raffaella