[Sca-cooks] Looking for references to orange carrots

Honour Horne-Jaruk jarukcomp at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 17:33:36 PST 2010

Respected friend:

--- On Sun, 2/28/10, Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:

> Honour
>
> Could you please tell us the source for this National
> Geographic statement? Which book or issue/year does it
> appear?
>
> National Geographic is not perfect in food history by any
> means. I am sure we'd be interested in knowing what they are
> using.
>

> Johnnae

     Unfortunately, the original died in my friend's house fire.
IIRC, it was a summer issue in the mid-seventies. Most larger libraries have National Geographic collections on disk nowadays; a search of that era's disk might prove fruitful.

Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
(Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

If you're doing your best, and your best isn't very good, that's life. If you aren't doing your best, _that's cheating_.