[Sca-cooks] The Banana Diet

H Westerlund-Davis yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 23:35:02 PST 2010

Greetings...
I was updating some research this evening and I came upon this site. Previously we had a brief discussion about celiac disease and someone mentioned there sister being on the "banana diet. I found a reference to it in http://coeliac.org.uk/coeliac-disease/coeliac-disease-then-and-now

"The famous banana diet was recommended by a Dr. Haas in 1924 and it became the only diet until the introduction of the gluten free diet. In Britain during the World War II children with ceoliac disease were  allocated supplies of dried bananas as a supplementary ration."

The first documentation is from Aretaeus in the 2nd Century A.D.... If anyone has this reference in full I would love to have a copy or let me know where to get it.
Bless Bless
Aelina

Duct Tape is like the Force: It has a light side & a dark side
and it holds the universe together.