[Sca-cooks] OOP: What are they teaching are kids?

Euriol of Lothian euriol at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 5 05:54:46 PST 2010

If the egg white is rubbery and the yolk tough, it is a sign that the egg has been overcooked.

In my copy of "Step by Step" cookbook by Good Housekeeping as it describes poached eggs it says "Cook 3 to 5 minutes, until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken"

Euriol

 Euriol of Lothian, OP
Clerk, Order of the Pelican, Kingdom of Æthelmearc
Chronicler, Barony of Endless Hills

"I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy."
-Robindranath Tagore, Poet/Playwright/Essayist 1913 Nobel Prize for Literature