[Sca-cooks] OOP: What are they teaching are kids?

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 06:31:09 PST 2010

> Soooo....normally, poached eggs aren't rubbery?  I presume you eat them like
> a boiled egg (salt and pepper, only)?  Or are they usually with a sauce?

Well, any eggs overcooked or overheated can get rubbery, so I guess it
depends on the skills of the cook! I prefer my eggs this way because
you taste the egg, not the butter used to fry them. You eat them like
you'd normally eat fried eggs with the yolk uncooked. IMO a sauce
would be a waste, because the yolk itself becomes the sauce... Unless
you like your yolk cooked, in which case, we might have found out why
you think they're rubbery! (the whites would end up way overcooked if
you waited long enough for the yolk to totally solidify)