[Sca-cooks] Whale meat

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Jan 19 12:24:16 PST 2010

Nanna mentions whale meat in her book
Icelandic Food & Cookery.

There really aren't any surviving early period Norse recipes of any
sort.
The latest TI which arrived today talks about Norse foods.

There are traditional recipes for whale meat.
http://www.highnorth.no/library/Culture/Recipes/no-wh-me.htm

Apparently they also ate
whale meat during WWII in Britain and there were recipes created then
because
no one knew what to do with it. Those might be findable.

Johnnae