[Sca-cooks] What constitutes modern food

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Jan 24 05:10:33 PST 2010

Ian Kusz wrote:
> Actually, I think the list of modern food should include:
>
> Deep-fried Mars Bars
> Spray cheese
> deep-fried Spam sushi
> fairy floss/cotton candy
> Pineapple Upside-down cake
> Chicken-fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy
> Tang
>
> I'm waffling on pork rinds, tho.

Spaghetti
Macaroni&Cheese from a box
Beef stew with potatoes. And don't try to tell me that it's period
because you left the potatoes out.
Chili
Chocolate- unless you have a meso-American persona

I kind of waffle about sandwiches with luncheon meat and cheese, etc.
Yes, they had the ingredients, but that doesn't mean that they
necessarily put them together that way. However, I put sandwich
materials out for lunch because people tend to come through at different
times, and it is the easiest way to manage the food.

What you won't find in my camp: potatoes, tomatoes (and tomato-based
food), capsicum peppers, corn (and corn-based foods). I do not do coffee
(I can't drink it) but if someone else in camp wants to make it, I won't
stop them. I have strong black tea in the morning. It is a public safety
measure. ;-)

I occasionally bring a tub of my double-chocolate brownies. I find them
to be excellent bribe materials. I do keep them under cover and out of
sight. I have a reputation to uphold, after all. :-)

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore