[Sca-cooks] partly on-topic, partly off: bread and sourdough

H Westerlund-Davis yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 12:48:18 PST 2010

I have celiac disease and I have told that Spelt is not safe. Apparently, cracked or sprouted wheat and wheat grass is also unsafe. For celiac sufferers it has to do with the gluten protein within these grains. The body attacks the protein like a poison and as a result destroys the celia inside the intestine. I can't even where certain perfumes due to the alcohol contents.
Gluten Intolerance, Wheat allergies, and gluten allergies all vary from person to person. But, once it is at the celiac disease level the damage is done and there is no going back.
I do have a gluten free sourdough bread recipe.

Duct Tape is like the Force: It has a light side & a dark side
and it holds the universe together.