[Sca-cooks] What constitutes modern food

Linda Peterson mirhaxa at morktorn.com
Tue Jan 26 14:36:11 PST 2010

I must be in the SCA too long, I'm American and knew what a meat pie was.
Interestingly, turnovers in our family were the same half-moon shape as
meat pies, but were pan-fried instead of baked. Here in New Mexico the
local element in most any savory meat pie would be green chile. It is a
modern food element that gets snuck into other wise SCA period camp chow
for those that jones for it like chocolate.

 	Mirhaxa  ;)
   mirhaxa at morktorn.com