[Sca-cooks] Questions on coffee

H Westerlund-Davis yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 10:45:30 PST 2010

<The earliest reliable evidence of drinking coffee as we know it...
roasted beans ground and brewed with hot water... comes from Sufi
monasteries in the Yemen in the mid 15th c.>
I read that the Sufi's used it to help enhance their dervishes. Caffine enhanced spinning..... WOW!

Apparently, it had been also prescribed as a "remedy" for too much meat by Swedish doctors in the 1500's.

This is later period... Starting in the 1800's the Swedish and Finnish governments banned alcohol. It is said that is why coffee became the national drink.

Does any one of information on King Louis (not sure which number) having a coffee plant in his garden? Just got a hint of it last night... Not much more was said.

While I think the caffine addicted goats is mostly legend, there may be some validity behind it. Most legends have an element of truth behind it. Is it the original source of the addiction.. probably not.

Aelina

Duct Tape is like the Force: It has a light side & a dark side
and it holds the universe together.