[Sca-cooks] 'Tis the season.

Mark S. Harris marksharris at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 1 21:38:02 PST 2010

Malkin said:
<<< OK ... it is after midnight New Year's Day and I am dog-sick with
a cold that has been stalking me for a week now and I just didn't run
fast enough evidently. >>>

<<< I live in the BACKWOODS of NOWhere  (not the end of the world but
most people would think you can see it from here).  One of the primary
fall-time recreational persuits is hunting.  The easiest big game
species to hunt is Antilocapra americana, the Pronghorn Antelope (not
a true Antilocapridae but as close as you can get on this side of the
pond).  ... but I wonder if the lung tissue would make a passible
Haggis? >>>

As I mentioned in another message, haggis can be made from multiple
types of animals and different types of organs and as a white
puddings, without the organ meats at all. See the Florilegium haggis-
msg file for a number of different recipes and previous discussions.

<<< Conversely ... I wonder how much of this is the wandering of a
Nyquil medicated feverish brain. >>>

Geez. If a Nyquil helps you remember obscure Latin names of obscure
antelope species like that, perhaps I should have been using Nyquil
back in college many years ago!

Stefan
======
Mark S. Harris
Electronics Engineer, Board and Systems Design
MarkSHarris at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris