[Sca-cooks] Syllabub

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 2 00:59:52 PST 2010

<<< While out of period I though that this would be of interest
historically.

Daniel

http://www.npr.org/blogs/sundaysoapbox/2009/12/colonial_dessert_1.html?ps=rs

Thanks. That is a good video about syllabub and makes the recipes
clearer.

The particular recipe they used was from the 18th Century, but I
believe there are also a number of 17th Century recipes as well. Those
would still be slightly out of period, but not as far off as the 18th C.

There are Syllabub recipes in "A Sip Through Time", but I don't have
my copy handy to double-check the dates.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com