[Sca-cooks] "Bojal" wheat - Wikipedia articles

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 3 12:44:56 PST 2010

Suey <lordhunt at gmail.com> wrote:
>It seems to me that I have two bones to pick with Wikipedia.

It's as imperfect as its editors, as are many paper sources.

>When a
>friend gave me a panel of copies of the entrance of a Middle Eastern
>emperor into Florence as a guest of Lorenzo Medici, the originals being
>in the Medici chapel there, I looked up the history of this mural in
>Wikipedia. Count Trebi, ...the retired
>Chair of the Art History Department at the Catholic University in
>Santiago, Chile... said there were many
>mistakes. I asked him to correct them which as of to date he has not
>done. At 80+ he is still lecturing none stop. At that time there was a
>space where one could do that in Wikipedia. Now I do not find that window.

I'm a Wikipedia editor. Anyone visiting the Wikipedia site can edit
any page, except a few that are limited to registered editors because
of vandalism and especially, hot religious and political topics, and
these are clearly marked in red at the top of the page for
transparency.

Are you reading this from the English language version, the Spanish,
or the Italian? They are not identical.

>I agree with Bear that "common wheat" is to vague. Emmer is more
>logical.  Bojal wheat has me upset because the author does not footnote
>his statement. I do not where he got that from. Nor do I know who the
>author is.

Take a look at the discussion tab. You can post your comments there.

>We are going off for a week on summer holiday now with the count and the
>countess. I will take a copy of the Medici article with me in hopes of
>tying the count down to correct it. When I come back I hope one of you
>will be so kind as to have found information for me so I can write to
>Wikipedia to correct the Medici article and that somehow we can contact
>someone to find out where the "bojal" source comes from and what it means.

You don't write TO Wikipedia. You write it into Wikipedia yourself.

What's the link?
--
Someone sometimes called Urtatim