[Sca-cooks] Middle Eastern Food

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 14:47:30 PST 2010

As I understand it, there are a number of different areas in what is
considered the Middle East in our period...including Arabia, Persia, Egypt
and northern Africa...and probably stretching over to southern Spain
(Andalusia).  For purposes of the feasts I cook, I have also included
Turkey, Mughal India and some Mongol recipes.  Usually when I have done
these feasts, I have concentrated on one area...last year, for example, it
was Andalusia, the year before, Turkey.  This year, however, I'm doing a
feast that includes dishes from several areas that were enjoyed from
previous years (a "best of...").

Kiri