[Sca-cooks] Whale meat

Vandy J. Simpson vsimpson at gto.net
Tue Jan 19 07:30:54 PST 2010

Greetings.
 So tell me, does anyone have any favoured recipes for whale? I'm primarily interested in early period/Norse food, but realize that in that case I could probably just throw bits in kettle over the fire. I think I'd like to optimize this one time experience!

 I understand there are probably some 'traditional' Norwegian recipes, but thus far I'm only finding vague hints.

 Has anyone tried this already? Suggestions, clues, caveats?

 Thanks,

Mortraeth, Ealdormere / Vandy, Ontario, Canada