[Sca-cooks] Camping food

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 27 19:28:19 PST 2010

> Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here, but why is making good
> fresh food in a campsite so complicated?

> --
> Saint Phlip

To which Cariadoc replied:
<<< I think there are two possible problems that your description
doesn't
entirely deal with.

1. Some people want to be able to cook for a bunch of people at
Pennsic without spending too large a fraction of their time doing it.

2. Some people prefer to limit themselves to period technology so far
as practical. >>>

Unfortunately, these two concerns may be mutually exclusive if stated
as absolutes.  As absolutes, I generally like to do the latter, but
the former often causes me to have to do otherwise.

Of course neither of these were written as absolutes. So often the
question is where do we draw the line between the two.

So the more I can solve number 1, the more of number 2 I can do.
Hiring more household staff is not always an option these days, so I'm
interested in hearing more solutions to the first leading to the
second or solutions that solve both, if they exist.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com