[Sca-cooks] "Tasting the Past"

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Wed Jan 6 21:08:08 PST 2010

Did we have a discussion about the book, "Tasting the Past, recipes from the
stone age to the Present" by Jacqui Wood on the List? I can't find any
reference to it.

I've been enjoying looking over the selection of recipes (and she included a
quote by Pliny describing yeast-breads eaten by the natives of Gaul & Spain,
so that made me happy). But I'd like to know what other folks more learned
than I think of the book.

Hrothny
--
"After you'd spend 60 million on your stomach, Aspicius, 10 million still
remained
An embarrassment, you said fit only to satisfy mere hunger and thirst:
So your last and most expensive meal was poison....
Aspicius, you never were more than a glutton than at the end. - Martial