[Sca-cooks] fried mush/polenta

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 03:42:14 PST 2010

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but this sounds suspiciously like the fried grits
my mom used to make...she'd take leftover grits, spread them out in a
pan/baking dish and chill them.  Then she'd cut them into squares and fry
them.  We'd eat them with butter and syrup or preserves/jam/jelly.  They
were very yummy!  Yes, I know...the Apician dish was made with wheat rather
than corn...but it sounds very similar!

Kiri