[Sca-cooks] digital libraries on culinary history ...

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Jan 12 15:06:31 PST 2010

Part of the problem is the digitalizing/online sponsors
are a diffuse group, ranging from Google Books to private
sponsors like Barilla (who have those 76 Italian items up)
to public and private libraries and archives. They don't answer to any
central
body or organization.

What is online changes daily. I recently did a search and termed up
something
for someone that was digitized in late August. A search 6 months ago
would not
have found it online and available.

I don't know of a better method or centralized database that lists all
these
culinary/gastronomical online collections. One way to proceed is run a
specific
item search and always run a new search prior to doing any research, I
guess.

Johnnae