[Sca-cooks] Middle Eastern Food

Deborah Hammons mistressaldyth at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 15:29:06 PST 2010

I am so enthused!!  From a left handed sort of way.  Our group is hosting a
cooking collegium in April, and the overwhelming choice was middle eastern
food.  For the past week the challenge has been narrowing the field of
study.  Most of the cooks who have volunteered favor Turkish, or Mughal
Indian.  It looks like the entertainment will be in the form of a Hafla.
 The most entertaining suggestion came from a service person back from Iraq,
who suggested roast lamb on a gold platter, with couscous.

What I had been hoping for was a kitchen venue to make the meal, and teach.
 Soft cheese, flatbreads, etc.

If you would, keep the suggestions coming, and I will forward them on.  I
get to coordinate the classes, and will probably teach the flatbread class.

Aldyth