[Sca-cooks] Pennsic camp food

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 06:56:52 PST 2010

In the past, we've varied year to year what we eat at War. If we have
the money, we often eat in the food court a lot, but if we don't, we
do cheap totally modern cooking. Baroness Una has run a breakfast plan
in the RW/DY camp, usually consisting of some variety of breakfast
burrito - scrambled eggs, cheese, and some kind of meat, usually
bacon, but sometimes sausage or leftovers from the night before.
There's also a spaghetti dinner in camp on Wednesday of War Week. I
like to vacuum seal chicken breasts in some type of vinagrette
dressing, and freeze, then use those packs as part of the ice for
transporting other food to war. When they thaw, just grill until done.

This year, we're going to be camping with Kilkenny, if we can attend
Pennsic, and will likely be part of their food plan. We are planning
to go to Gulf Wars, and will probably be cooking most of the time,
although I'm not planning anything specifically period. I can see
breakfast burritos, cereal, or meal-replacement bars for breakfast,
sandwiches or cheese/crackers/summer sausage for lunch, and simple
dinners of grilled meat & a veggie, possibly with pasta or rice. Not a
whole lot different than how we eat at home, to be honest...

Ilsebet