[Sca-cooks] A Feast in Shadiabad (Trimaris 25th Year Sunday Feast)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 1 23:04:47 PDT 2010

I finally got over to Madhavi's pages. Wow. Among my surprises, Madhavi is definitely a female, and pretty. :-) My apologies for assuming you were male. One of many reasons I'm not a name or court herald.

I'm impressed by the menu and the research. You say this is something you've wanted to do for a long time, and I think your dedication shows.  It isn't a thrown together ethnic feast that you sometimes see in the SCA. It could be another of those spectacular feasts like the "Perfectly Period Feast".

I hope you will eventually post the recipes you are using and your interpretations/redactions. I think you have the chance to push forward authentic Indian feasts and activities in the SCA a large amount. A big part of this is getting the information out where others who haven't done as much research can use the info to put on a more authentic event.

I don't know how long blog posts stay easily available. But I would be interested in getting the information off of your blog, your recipes and redactions and your review of how the feast goes into the FEAST-REVEWS section of the Florilegium.  Some of it might then be duplicated in your blog but I don't have a problem with that and I am happy to add links back to author's websites or blogs. I have already saved your original message with the link to your blog for the fd-India-msg file so people will be able to find your blog for as long as it is up.

Once I figure out how best to organize it and find the time, I will be adding fd-India-msg and Moghul-India-msg files to the Florilegium.

Thanks,
   Stefan
===============
Madhavi said:
<<< Every single one of these dishes are from the Nimatnama, though a
few are anecdotal. The hardest part of creating this menu was narrowing down
all the dishes I *wanted* to cook to a manageable (and affordable) list, I
could easily do all of the meals for an entire event out of this manuscript. >>>

 <<< This will be an experience of
exceptional quality for all who are lucky enough to participate.

Mairi Ceilidh >>>

<<<
Menu and a whole lot more information. Enjoy.
http://madhavifeast.wordpress.com/

Madhavi >>>

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com