[Sca-cooks] Reviewers Needed for CA

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 14:01:27 PDT 2010

Hi folks,
Yes, it's your friendly CA editor back again with another request.

I have a really kewl manuscript that needs to have a peer review done.
There's no great hurry...I probably won't actually start the review until
after Pennsic, but I'd like to get my reviewers lined up now, if possible.

The topic is "Forks."  The author has written a really neat paper on the
development, evolution and use of forks in our period.  I have one reviewer
already and am looking for two more individuals with a knowledge of period
eating utensils.  If you are interested, please reply to me at my
CAEditor<CAEditor at SCA.org>account.

The way it works is that you will be assigned an account on Please Review,
an online review site that makes reviewing manuscripts much easier than
doing it by hand, even with a soft copy of the paper.  You will have
approximately two weeks to complete the review, and we ask that you keep
your comments as professional as possible...no "What an idiot" type
comments...even if you think it applies!  Comments need to be as helpful and
constructive as possible...if you have a question, ask it.

After the review is complete, your commentary will be sent to the author.
The author may wish to contact you if there are questions or if they want to
discuss one or more of your comments.

Thanks for your time...

Elaine Koogler / Kiri
  Editor, *The Compleat Anachronist
  *email:  CAEditor at SCA.org

--
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."